The wall of prejudice

After reading the article of “Trump orders construction of border wall boosts deportation force” by Jeremy Diamond, we know that the presidency of Donald Trump wants to build a great wall like the great wall of China. the great wall is for ” speeding the deportation of undocumented immigrants (Jeremy Diamond).” I think his immigration policy is not good also I do not think so building a great wall can stop the invasion of undocumented immigrants, since We also know that there are still many undocumented immigrants from different countries, such as Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese and so on, how far are between those countries from The United States? it is so far away even take a plane still need about a day. Even so, it did not stop the invasion of illegal immigrants. So, can the great wall stop the invasion of illegal immigrants or speeding the deportation of undocumented immigrants? I believe it is not, also it would be a waste of taxpayers’ money to build the wall.

In the article, I find Trump is very unfriendly to Mexicans and wanted them to pay the cost for the wall, such as “Trump confirmed his plans to build the wall with federal funds and then seek reimbursement from Mexico, an idea Mexico has rejected. (Jeremy Diamond)”. Personally, I think that what a ridiculous thing it is. Even I think he is discriminating against Mexicans because he has repeatedly Insults Donald Trump Has Fired at Mexicans In the Presidential Race. “He called Mexican immigrants “criminals” and “rapists” and, “He said Mexicans – and other immigrants – were “killers” as well”. I feel so sad when I read those sentences because as we know, the highest crime rate is not for immigrants, but for local people In the United States. Many people come to the United States only for the sake of their American dream, just for a better life. However, Trump blames the Mexican people for crimes and mistakes in America. It is like the Chinese Exclusion Act be directed against Chinese. Now Trump wants to build a wall be directed against Mexicans. Trump is a smart guy, he knows how to use local people xenophobia and immigration restrictions are ingrained, and with the rise of anti-immigrant demagogues. Therefore, there are lots local people support Trump. It has become abundantly clear that xenophobia continues to be alive and well in America.

Finally, I think as a leader, there should be no prejudice and discrimination against any race politically. The United States is a big family. There are many people living in this country, and they came from different countries. we should take care all of them.

For Future Reading:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/donald-trump-build-wall-immigration-executive-orders/

Blog, Immigration Policy, ,