the distinction of Geography

Harlem
manhattan

For the first assignment of the semester, I choose to walk around the Manhattan and Harlem at least one hour. The reason of I chose Manhattan that there are two areas reflection poverty and affluence. Poverty and affluence are opposite, so I will define them. Poverty means that people don’t have enough money to afford daily necessities, such as housing, food, transportation, and health care. Affluent means that people can afford daily necessities, and still have lots of money to buy luxury items. When I took the train, and walk to Upper East side of Manhattan, I saw a lot of people who wear many famous brands, such as LV, Gucci, MK, and Supreme bags, clothing, suits, and ornaments. and then, I went to 5th Avenue, and I saw a lot of well-known stores for shopping clothes. I think only the rich people can afford this because the luxury Items are so expensive. after then, I walk to Harlem. I saw the difference with 5th Avenue, there is not like 5th Avenue so prosperous. the neighborhood is not very clean. There are some homeless people along the sidewalk and waiting for somebody to offer them some food or cash. therefore, those people live in the extremely poverty and struggling for basic daily necessities. in conclusion, I realized the rich and expensive resources are all located around the rich area. Geography will decide the boundaries of poverty and the affluent. I personally believe the boundaries of rich or poor doesn’t define a person wealth. if you are not lazy, keeping working hard, and positive attitude of life, I think you still can afford very basic daily necessities.

assignment 1

http://understandingtheurban.qwriting.qc.cuny.edu/2017/02/08/reflection-of-new-york-city/

Assignment 7 - Urban at 2nd Glance, ,